How to Convert PowerPoint to Flash

susan57_zheng
Converting PowerPoint to Flash would be absolutely a good choice to
distribute your bulky PowerPoint Presentation.

You can do the whole PowerPoint-to-Flash conversion manually or by
related softwares.

First, you'll need to prepare the PowerPoint document. Make sure you
are not using any complicated gradients or animations. These will be
interpreted poorly when they are brought into Flash. Also, make sure
there are no objects that fall outside the confines of the slide area.
This will ensure that all the slides align correctly when they are
imported to Flash. Now, save a copy of your presentation without any
background images. You may want to also choose a contrasting background
color to easily see the content of each slide. You all import the
background images into Flash at a later time.

Second, choose File > Save As... from your PowerPoint document and save
the presentation as a Windows Metafile (*.wmf). This will save your
entire presentation as a sequence of files. WMF files keep all text.

Next, create a new Flash Document and resize the Stage to 720 x 540.
Change the background color to black. Choose File > Import > Import to
Stage... and import the first WMF file. When asked to import all of the
images in the sequence, choose Yes. This will place each slide from
your presentation onto a sequence of frames.

Then, create a new layer under the slides layer and import the images
to use for your background. You'll probably need two images, one for
title slides and one for the regular slides.

Now it's time for some manual labor. You'll need to go through every
frame of the movie and delete the solid background shape from your
slides layer. Once this is complete, you should see the content of each
slide with the correct background image behind it.

Finally, add a frame to the end of your movie. Place some static text
on that frame that says something like "End of slideshow, click to
exit."

Alright, now it's time to move on to some ActionScript. Create a new
layer for your actions. There are a few statements you=E2=80=99ll need
to include right away. First, you want this movie to play full screen
so add an fscommand.

fscommand("fullscreen","true");To make sure the Stage resizes correctly
specify the scaleMode.

Stage.scaleMode =3D "exactFit";Finally, you don't want the movie to begin
playing through all the slides right away before the user starts
clicking, so add a stop function.

stop();You'll need to include some functions that will be used
frequently to navigate the presentation.

function gotoNextSlide():Void {
if (_currentframe < _totalframes) {
gotoAndStop(_currentframe + 1);
} else {
quit();
}
}

function gotoPreviousSlide():Void {
gotoAndStop(_currentframe - 1);
}

function gotoHome():Void {
gotoAndStop(1);
}

function gotoEnd():Void {
if (_currentframe < _totalframes) {
gotoAndStop(_totalframes - 1);
}
}

function quit():Void {
fscommand("quit");
}Next, we need to handle all the keyboard and mouse events so that the
user can navigate through the slides. We'll do this by creating a new
listener object.

var myListener:Object =3D new Object();

myListener.onKeyDown =3D myOnKeyDown;
myListener.onKeyUp =3D myOnKeyUp;
Key.addListener(myListener);

myListener.onMouseUp =3D myOnMouseUp;
Mouse.addListener(myListener);Here are the listener functions.

function myOnKeyDown():Void {
if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN) || Key.isDown(Key.PGDN)) {
gotoNextSlide();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) || Key.isDown(Key.PGUP)) {
gotoPreviousSlide();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.END)) {
gotoEnd();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.HOME)) {
gotoHome();
}
}

function myOnKeyUp():Void {
if (Key.getCode() =3D=3D 27) {
quit();
}
}

function myOnMouseUp():Void {
gotoNextSlide();
}

If that's too complicate to you, you can try some PPT to SWF software,
like SameShow PPT to SWF Converter,MelodyPPT,Arbicate etc, all of them
can help you convert PowerPoint to Flash with cool effects

http://www.sameshow.com

Jean-Pierre FORESTIER
Thanks for that.
Just a point: when converting slides to WMF, you loose all animations!

--
Jean-Pierre FORESTIER Microsoft MVP PowerPoint
Auteur de PowerPoint 2002 chez Micro Application
a écrit dans le message news:

[...]

layer for your actions. There are a few statements youâ?Tll need
to include right away. First, you want this movie to play full screen
so add an fscommand.

fscommand("fullscreen","true");To make sure the Stage resizes correctly
specify the scaleMode.

Stage.scaleMode = "exactFit";Finally, you don't want the movie to begin
[...]

var myListener:Object = new Object();

myListener.onKeyDown = myOnKeyDown;
myListener.onKeyUp = myOnKeyUp;
Key.addListener(myListener);

myListener.onMouseUp = myOnMouseUp;
Mouse.addListener(myListener);Here are the listener functions.

function myOnKeyDown():Void {
if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN) || Key.isDown(Key.PGDN)) {
gotoNextSlide();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) || Key.isDown(Key.PGUP)) {
gotoPreviousSlide();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.END)) {
gotoEnd();
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.HOME)) {
gotoHome();
}
}

function myOnKeyUp():Void {
if (Key.getCode() == 27) {
quit();
}
}

function myOnMouseUp():Void {
gotoNextSlide();
}

If that's too complicate to you, you can try some PPT to SWF software,
like SameShow PPT to SWF Converter,MelodyPPT,Arbicate etc, all of them
can help you convert PowerPoint to Flash with cool effects

http://www.sameshow.com
susan57_zheng
"when converting slides to WMF, you loose all animations"

You can try other formats and see how it goes, like I mentioned before,
if you want to convert PowerPoint to Flash manually,it requires a lot
labors and not all effects are guarantee. If you do use PowerPoint a
lot in your work, consider use a PPT to SWF software.
If you want my recommendation, SameShow is my choice, based on its
price, interface and unique features.

susan57_zheng

a écrit dans le message news:

"when converting slides to WMF, you loose all animations"

You can try other formats and see how it goes, like I mentioned before,
if you want to convert PowerPoint to Flash manually,it requires a lot
labors and not all effects are guarantee. If you do use PowerPoint a
lot in your work, consider use a PPT to SWF software.
If you want my recommendation, SameShow is my choice, based on its
price, interface and unique features.

Really? I'd like to give it try, where can I get it? If it turns out
better than SameShow, I will recommed it to other guys

Jean-Pierre FORESTIER
Here is an adress
It's a freeware. I think it needs a good processor! But on W98 SE and 250Mo
RAM and Pentium II(!) it works
http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche10618-camstudio.html

--

a écrit dans le message news:

"when converting slides to WMF, you loose all animations"

You can try other formats and see how it goes, like I mentioned before,
if you want to convert PowerPoint to Flash manually,it requires a lot
labors and not all effects are guarantee. If you do use PowerPoint a
lot in your work, consider use a PPT to SWF software.
If you want my recommendation, SameShow is my choice, based on its
price, interface and unique features.

Really? I'd like to give it try, where can I get it? If it turns out
better than SameShow, I will recommed it to other guys

susan57_zheng
Tried it and didn't keep all my animations. : (

But it's free,that's good.

Free stuff is always welcome