Vista x64 Ultimate:: Three New Laptops, Three New Desktops

Vista User
I wonder why it is:

I have three laptops (<6 months old, for the fatuous tech scribes who claim
it's the user, not the product, that's at fault), and three new desktops,
each with four to sixteen *GIGABYTES* of memory, each with quad- and
dual-core processors. All are running Microsoft Vista Ultimate, x86 and
x64, using OEM device drivers and Microsoft updates.

Yet I cannot:

(1) Boot up (even once) without Microsoft Vista Ultimate pausing to randomly
reinstall driver installation for USB devices already installed (it's like
*NEW!* even though it's been booting to the same untouched and unchanged
hardware configuration);

(2) Listen to Napster (audio streaming at 5 Mbs, having wierdly worked for
an hour continuously, is suddenly clipped, interrupted, and halted, either
by System Idle Processes or Search Index, or by Windows ONECARE or Windows
UPDATE doing an unexpected, intrusive and unnecessary system scan, taking
the highest priority over everything a computer is supposed to be available
for, claiming it's necessary for "important updates," like Microsoft
Silverlight, Ultimate Dreamscrape, or Windows Defender.

(2) Save my user settings, so that any Folder Views that I have
painstakingly configured the day before are now ignored, overwritten and
reset after a system startup.

(3) Trust anything that I actually *need* to be there to be there in five
minutes: My System Backup does not include Program Files, User Settings, or
Email for my user account. However, it *DOES* backup the Windows photos for
default user backgrounds. Never mind about the $3,000 of software that I
need protected via backup: Microsoft Windows Vista will only backup
documents, music, photos and video. It will not backup Windows Ultimate
Anytime Upgrade files, in case of a system failure, nor will it save any
Restore Points beyond the very latest. Try to maintain a particular system
recovery point, and you'll find yourself bent over a Microsoft logo, rammed
repeatedly. Unlubed. That's what you get for spending thousands of
hard-earned dollars for Microsoft Vista Ultimate on all your business
machines.

(4) If Microsoft were a human being (or if Microsoft is simply a derivative
of Mr. Gates) it would be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
The only reason it exists is to relegate all others to attend to its own
reflection, gratification, inflated sense of worth, importance and
involvement in daily life. The definition of Narcissism? Whether
attention-hungry by being good, or by being annoying, intrusive and
frustrating, the Narcissistic Personality will always hate to be loved, and
love to be hated. And once the attention is extracted, it will move
on to another source. That means you never mattered. Never did, never
would. You're only there to dazzle, impress and dump. All that matters to
a Narcissistic personality is that it's intrusive, messy and frustrating for
its audience: without a victim, without an audience, it would have no sense
of self, no way to know it's alive.

Thank you, Microsoft.

measekite's psychiatrist
"Vista User" wrote in message
I wonder why it is:

I have three laptops (<6 months old, for the fatuous tech scribes who
claim
it's the user, not the product, that's at fault), and three new desktops,
each with four to sixteen *GIGABYTES* of memory, each with quad- and
dual-core processors. All are running Microsoft Vista Ultimate, x86 and
x64, using OEM device drivers and Microsoft updates.

Yet I cannot:

(1) Boot up (even once) without Microsoft Vista Ultimate pausing to
randomly
reinstall driver installation for USB devices already installed (it's like
*NEW!* even though it's been booting to the same untouched and unchanged
hardware configuration);

You can't boot up? You really should stay away from computers. Try an
Etch-A-Sketch. More your style.

(2) Listen to Napster (audio streaming at 5 Mbs, having wierdly worked for
an hour continuously, is suddenly clipped, interrupted, and halted, either
by System Idle Processes or Search Index, or by Windows ONECARE or Windows
UPDATE doing an unexpected, intrusive and unnecessary system scan, taking
the highest priority over everything a computer is supposed to be
available
for, claiming it's necessary for "important updates," like Microsoft
Silverlight, Ultimate Dreamscrape, or Windows Defender.

Stop going to the Napster site you dumbshit. If you didn't go to the
Napster site, you wouldn't be having problems with Napster. DUH. I never
have trouble with Napster because I never go to the Napster site.

You should stay away from computers. Try an Etch-A-Sketch. More your
style.

[...]

People should always back up their data. That task is way over your head.
Speak with Alias and maybe he can get you into a Ubuntu system real cheap.

[...]

Better call your psychiatrist because you have no clue what you are talking
about. Stop taking drugs before typing. It makes you look stupid.

Thank you, Microsoft.

samvaknin