w32/gibe.gen@mm removal

thecartesian
Hello. If any of you on this group speak English, can you answer
this? I can't seem to find a removal tool or removal instructions for
w32/gibe.gen@mm. I found one for w32.gibe@mm, and thought it would
help, as the .gen looks like a variant. If you can help me, I look
forward to hearing from you. Bryan McGucken

Frederic Bonroy
Bryan McGucken wrote:

Hello. If any of you on this group speak English, can you answer
this? I can't seem to find a removal tool or removal instructions for
w32/ I found one for , and thought it would
help, as the .gen looks like a variant.

The .gen may indicate that the AV program is unable to determine the
exact variant. Are you using McAfee? It reports my sample of Gibe.B
as Gibe.gen.

Try this:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

Follow-up set to the English speaking newsgroup alt.comp.virus.